Monday, July 10, 2017

INGE WESDIJK



INGE WESDIJK

THE GRAY VEIL

I can't remember much,
just fragments and fragrances.
It was somewhere in November,
the ceaseless rain was pouring down
in a stream of endless tears.
Absorbing all the daylight
in my sparingly furnished room.
To be honest, this scenery
was a perfect match for my state of mind.
I couldn't bear it to see the sun shine,
it reminds me of joy and felicity,
of spontaneous laughter.
All my senses are covered by a gray veil,
which I can't see through.
...
I'm not able to endure the gray veil any longer.
Thoughts are slinking into my mind,
thoughts who aren't mine.
I know I need help to find my true self again,
strayed as I am in my own psyche.
My world is shriveled into this dark, somber room
...
It might be a cliche, but the power of healing
finds its source always out of true love.
You unexpectedly walked into my life.
An unconditional love
from the first moment, we met.
You listened to me, cried and
laughed together with me.
If it wasn't for you,
I still would be hidden
in a dark, gloomy room.






REVIVAL

The wind is holding its breath
stock-still, nothing moves,
as if a wizard clapped his hands
and made the world motionless.
One bolt of lightning ...
cloaks the trees in darkness,
hissing...
The wind furiously exhales,
annoyed being hindered
to blow freely.
Hunting the clouds,
tormenting the clouds,
made them suffer for its
inconvenience.
The clouds bow in
an outburst of miserable
tears.
- - -
A little blackbird starts to
sing hesitantly.
Some vivid robins join,
perking up the song.
Carefully the sun peeks
through the spindrift clouds.
As nature's lachrymation slowly
vaporizes.






EMOTIONAL THEFT

Struggling through the day
Tired, so tired
I can't remember
the moment I felt rested
An unquenchable thirst
Water ...
I need to drink
My body is dehydrated
does that effect the brain as well?
Need to lay down
Hurts, I must weigh a ton
Arduous to move
I never believed it,
torn apart by a heartache
Only for emotional fools
Squeezed, you took my
vital essence and left
I really don't want you
in my life anymore
But could you please
give my spirit back

INGE WESDIJK

INGE WESDIJK. Daginne Aignend is a pseudonym for the Dutch poetess Inge Wesdijk. She likes hard rock music, photography and fantasy books. She is a vegetarian and spends a lot of time with her animals. Daginne started to write English poetry five years ago and posted some of her poems on her Facebook page and on her fun project website www.daginne.com, she's also the co-editor of Degenerate Literature, a poetry, flash fiction, and arts E-zine She has been published in several Poetry Review Magazines, in the bilingual anthology (English/Farsi), 'Where Are You From?' and in the Contemporary Poet's Group anthology 'Dandelion in a Vase of Roses'.


No comments:

Post a Comment