Monday, July 10, 2017

MARIAN EIKELHOF

MARIAN EIKELHOF

FATHER OH FATHER, WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME…

Do you just dive into death
without speaking a word to me..
I beg you please
let me hold you
one more time
share a memory which is
as well yours as mine
kiss you on the forehead
shed a tear on your cheek
or will you abandon me
without goodbye
before you definitely go
before you die.






NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE IN PARADISE THESE DAYS

At the other side of the spectrum
there will be at least you I hope
together with the angels
sometimes watching me
observing me only
like a knife cutting through
the face of hypocrisy,
everywhere around me
taking away all my doubts
and hesitation
making me say
unconditionally
I love you.






WANDERING

Hotels, houses and castles in the air
I lived nowhere
I left no one
motionless as stone
I write the time ahead of me.
Whether I die alone
under the shower
or with you
I don't care
I will feel at home anywhere
falling into your arms
forgetting all trauma
the days of suffering
feeling
happy
hurt
heartbroken in love.

MARIAN EIKELHOF


MARIAN EIKELHOF (born: 18 December 1963) is a poet from Rotterdam, the Netherlands. In her daily life she leads a psychological consultancy firm. Her work inspires her to write about the emotional aspects of existence. Not only she describes feelings of love, intimacy and desire, but also she symbolizes states of mind like sadness and loneliness in her poetry and she criticizes dehumanization. Marian recently published her poems in literary magazines like PTYX (Peru) and in the anthology for Syrian refugees titled “salt boundaries”, an anthology of poetry edited by Malak S. Soufi. This month the second edition of her Dutch collection of poems titled “een nulurencontract met het leven” will be published in the Netherlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment